Family of deceased Thai teen saved in cave rescue obtain his ashes from England

The household of the deceased Thai teen, Duangpetch Promthep, or “Dom,” acquired his ashes from England in Bangkok. Dom was the captain of the Wild Boars football group who was saved in a dramatic cave rescue back in 2018.
According to the Straits Times, Dom went on to play in England at Brooke House College Football Academy after receiving a scholarship from the Zico Foundation in 2022.
He was only 17 when he reportedly had an accident on the dormitory, which led to his dying.
The 17 year old’s ashes had been flown back from England to Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi International Airport after being blessed upon their return from England.
His stunning demise was attributed to a fall in his dormitory room on February 12. A trainer found him and took him to the hospital. But, two days later, the hospital reported his breathing had weakened and was unresponsive. Although his explanation for demise has not been launched, authorities say it is not suspicious.
Dom’s physique was cremated last Tuesday in Leicester with a funeral service attended by his friends, academics, Kiatisuk and Thani Thongphakdi, the Thai Ambassador to the UK, along with others.
His family requested for Dom to be cremated in Britain “so he can proceed playing soccer there.”
When his ashes arrived in Bangkok, assistant abbot Phra Sopon Wachiraporn of Bangkok’s Arun Ratchawararam Temple carried out a spiritual rite on the ashes’ container.
Privy for Dom’s ashes was scheduled for yesterday at Phra That Doi Wao Temple in Chiang Rai’s Mae Sai district. The ashes have been then launched into the water in the provinces’ Chiang Saen district today, based on members of the family.
On June 23, 2018, 12 members of the Wild Boars football staff – aged eleven to sixteen years outdated – obtained stuck in a flooded cave system in Mae Sai district, Chiang Rai province, northern Thailand with their 25 year previous soccer coach Nopparat Kanthawong. At the time, 13 yr previous Dom was the Wild Boars’ group captain.
No contact was made with the staff for two weeks. On July 2, two British divers miraculously found the group alive on a rock, but the hardest part was but to come back – getting them out of the slim, flooded cave system..

Leave a Comment